Thursday, April 20, 2006

Aronson last man talking in 20 inning marathon


The trip to Fort Myers earlier this week was well worth it.

I went to talk with Miracle play-by-play man Sean Aronson who, a few nights prior, had just called a 20-inning baseball game all by himself. He still looked a little tired. I first met Sean a couple years back when I was working on my book, The Funniest Thing I've Ever Seen. He was helpful then and was even more helpful this time, though he could have used a day off.

The night I was there the Miracle, a Mike Veeck-owned club, were having one of those crazy promotions - a salute to the doughnut. Fans received doughnuts as they entered the stadium, fun facts about the doughnut were posted around the stadium and other doughnut-related promotions were held on the field between innings. The team shied away from using a doughnut instead of a baseball for the ceremonial first pitch. I'm not sure why. I was looking forward to that one.

In any event, I had a great time in Fort Myers and look forward to getting back there later in the season. Those guys get it.

1 comment:

beach64 said...

I was one of the people listening to the game on the radio after I left the stadium in the 7th inning.